Busy day? Come home to a wonderful meal with just a couple minutes of prep in the morning.
Vegan Crock Pot Lentil, Squash, and Bean Stew
Here is what you need:
2-3 carrots cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Jalapeno sliced (You can keep the seeds to add more heat)
1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
1 28oz can of diced tomatoes
1 cup of red lentils
2 cups of chickpeas
4 cups of vegetable broth
2-3 teaspoons of garam masala
1 teaspoon of curry powder (optional)
1-2 teaspoons of cumin
Salt to taste
Serve with brown rice or whole wheat Naan
Here is how you do it:
1. In a large sauce pan brown the onions with a little bit of oil of your choice.
2. Add the carrots, jalapeno and combine together
3. In your crock pot add tomatoes, butternut squash, lentils, broth and chickpeas.
4. Add spices and stir together
5. Set the Crock Pot to low for 8 hours or high for 4-5 hours
Super good, budget friendly, so nourishing and your house will smell amazing when you come home!